To: The Mt. Zion Church FamilyAs you know - the last 12 plus months have been like no other in our lifetime. COVID-19 has disrupted what was once normal. So many lives have been taken by this deadly virus and we must continue to pray. Not only for the lost - but the families impacted as well.
We are slowly returning to in-person worship services - however, other normal activities, i.e. ministry meetings and Sunday special ministry observations are still on-hold.
Many of you may not be aware of what has occurred behind the scenes since March 2020. Therefore, the below presentation was given on Saturday June 12th at 10:00 a.m. Many of our members were not in attendance. However, we want everyone to know what has transpired since we last met.
Please review the below agenda presentation and let us know if you have any questions/concerns. We have done our absolute best to be good stewards of what God has blessed us with. Blessings to all!Rev. S.N. Flint
Mt. Zion Baptist Church Conference
Fountain Inn, SC
June 12, 2021 - 10:00 a.m.
Mount Zion - We can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth us!!!
Devotion - Deacons
Overview of Accomplishments and New Business - Rev. Flint
Doing the Work of the Lord Never Stops:
- Every Sunday at 10:00 am, live streamed church service from Mt. Zion's sanctuary.
- Every Wednesday at 8:00 am, conducted toll-free Prayer Call.
- Every Wednesday at 6:00 pm, the Deacons, the Finance Committee, the Secretary and Security met (via phone) and discussed church business. Beginning January 2021, meetings are held bi-weekly.
- Every third Saturday, the Communion along with the Voices of Zion newsletter were distributed to members in the church parking lot.
- Increased quota of One-Call allotments from 1000 per year to 3000.
- Birthday Party for Jesus in parking lot.
Working to Resume In-Person Worship:
- Established a church reopening committee led by Deacon Dial. Purchased sanitizing products and implemented processes to ensure safety.
- Surveyed membership regarding their concerns related to in-person worship services.
Helping Those in Need:
- Government-relaxed regulations allowed Food Bank to provide many more meals than usual.
- Established a $3,000 COVID Relief Fund to assist members in need. To date, assisted 4 members totaling $1,045.00.
- In-lieu of purchasing food for delivery of Thanksgiving baskets, provided $50 gift cards.
- Purchased and served dinners to members and members' families from A Taste of Home (Laurens, SC) and Low Country Shrimper (Mauldin, SC).
- Electronic marquee board donated to church in honor of Deacon Iler Bolden and Deaconess Maggie Bolden.
- Updated church website (www.mtzion1888.org)
- Purchased new chairs for Fellowship Hall.
- Repaired floor in sanctuary.
- Shampooed carpets and pews.
Thank You to All Who Serve and All Who Will Serve:
Deacon Ministry - Deacon Lee Talley
- Deacons' Ministry Chair - Deacon Oscar Neely
- Assistant Deacons' Ministry Chair - Deacon William Dial
Trustee Ministry - Brother Robert Dial
- Trustee Ministry Chair - Brother Elton Harkness
- Trustee Ministry Assistant Chair - Sister Angie Talley
- Sister Avis Kelley appointed assistant secretary supporting Sister Gwen Hicks.
- Sister Bridget Lynton appointed assistant to Sister Gloria Thigpen, assisting with monthly financial reports.
- Sister Ann Yeargin, Chair of Finance Committee, will also assist Sister Gloria Thigpen with non-financial matters.
Financial Overview - Finance Committee
For several months, we suspended the salaries of non-essential personnel. Some essential personnel requested that their salary also be suspended during this time.
Tithes and Offerings have remained consistent. Thank you for your faithfulness!
- Ice Cream truck after services every third Sunday during the summer months.
- Sunday School and Bible Study will resume by Fall in the sanctuary. Assuming the virus is no longer a threat and individuals have been vaccinated.